Happy New Year Readers!
My first post for the year will be about a personal project of mine: 40 by 40 – Losing 40 pounds by my 40th birthday.
I have not lost any of the weight I gained from carrying my two beautiful babes in 2008 and again in 2010. The time has come where I really want to buckle down and get healthy again and not live in fear of someone asking me if I’m pregnant again. EEP!
On December 14, 2012 I will turn 40. By the time this occasion rolls around I want to look GOOD!
- 40 by 40 means losing just under 4 pounds per month. I think that’s pretty reasonable.
- 40 by 40 does NOT mean a diet. I plan to eat sensible, healthy, whole foods and reduce my portion sizes.
- my gym quality elliptical trainer is being dusted off and will be used 4 nights per week.
- my FITBIT is on the way!! I ordered this little gadget as a motivator! More to come on this once I have it figured out and configured to my liking.
- I will report the number of pounds lost on the last day of each months on Twitter with the #my40by40 hashtag. First update will be January 31st.
Encouragement is welcome!! Please watch or better yet, join in on my Twitter hashtag: #my40by40
Until next time,